Saturday, April 26, 2014

Birthday haul, Y'all!

Hey guys! So a week ago was my birthday. I am 24! Woah! Time goes by so fast these days. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was turning 21. So much has changed since then and I couldn't be happier. Having kids makes things go by much faster. 

I received most of my presents a few weeks ago. It seemed to be a Disney themed birthday from my family and fiancĂ© now that I think back on my gifts. I got the Disney version of Apples to Apples, which is hilarious board game that my siblings love to play. I also got a 2DS which was special edition to the release of the new Disneg Magical Workd game, so it is pink and comes with a Mickey Mouse case. I also got the Magical World game. No review on that just yet, I have barely opened the box. Last from the Disney inspired birthday gifts was two shirts from TeeFury. They are by an artist whose name I can't find at the moment but I will edit this when I find her info. They are Disneys Frozen mixed with Doctor Who. The first shirt is toddler Anna peeking into the windows of the TARDIS that is parked in her play room. The second one is the TARDIS crashed into ice in Elsa's ice castle with Elsa looking at it. Both are beautiful and geeky. I love them. 

The point to this post isn't the bizarre Disney theme, it is the fashion/makeup/bath items I recieved. 

The day before my actual birthday, I met with my best friend and we spent the day together. It was a dream. No Raylan, no dogs, no worries. Just her and I shopping. First we went to Maurices. If you are a Southern girl, you may have heard of the store. It is a clothes store that has both small size clothing and plus size clothing. It is pretty much the only place around here that has fashionable plus size clothes. I mean Forever 21 has some, but their sizes are soooo off. Useless. And Lane Bryant is cute but expensive. Maurices' is in the middle for price. Great stuff, okish prices. So we went there for some new clothes. I didn't get much because we are saving money, but my BF did buy me a beautiful shirt. I love it and have worn it like four times since then. 


Isn't it adorable. I love the colors. I am a big fan of gray and black but I wanted some more spring colors in my wardrobe. This is the perfect compromise. And it was on clearance, so the shirt cost about $17. Not bad. 

Next we went to the mall and ate some pretzels and tried on some new clothes. She got some pants, I refrained from purchasing. Next was Ulta. Our Ulta store is about 45 minutes away which is both far away and not too far. It takes about 30 minutes to get anywhere good around here so we can manage an extra 15 for some makeup. She got some good products for her mom becasue she is a good daughter. ;) And she also bought me some things. There are a million things I want from Ulta. I have a list going in my head for if I ever win the lottery. Or marry rich. But I didn't want to spend a bunch of her money. So instead I picked out two things from NYX Cosmetics that I really wanted. I got a butter gloss (I have been coveting these for months) and the Jumbo Eye Crayon in Milk. This was specifically gotten because I have a pallete that I love but the colors are a little too dull. So I wanted to see if using Milk as a base would work. 


Next we raced to a mall nearby. It was late and the mall was about to close but we relly wanted to go to Macy's. At our mall, my BF discovered that we dont have an actual Lush store, instead it is inside the Macy's. We have both wanted to try these products forr awhile but we can't make these kinds of trips on a regular basis. We have a birthday exception. 

We made it just in time but discovered that Lish had been taken out of Macy's and is now its own store in the mall! Yay us! It was like heaven and smelled better. I am very lucky for the amazing woman that is my best friend because she said I could pick out whatever I wanted. The choices! We both grabbed a container of Ocean Salt, the much talked about face and body scrub. I have used this almost everyday since I got it and I love it. It smells great, is coarse enough to scrub but is soft enough for your face. And damn does it make my face smooth. I got the small version which is $22. 



We talked to the sales lady about some shampoo because I have oily hair that never stays not oily, so I'm always on the hunt for shampoo that works. She was very helpful but I decided against it because of the price. It was outside my price range. But she was amazing and gave me a sample of the one I wanted and a conditioner. They were small samples but have lasted 5 washes. I got the Rehab shampoo, which is a clarifying shampoo. And the veganese conditioner. I love the shampoo. I would buy it in a heartbeat. The conditioner was just so-so. 


We also both got a lip scrub. I have been on the hunt for one for awhile because my lips have been so bad. We got the mint julips scrub. It is a completely edible scrub that smells amazing and tastes better. Chocolate and mint! Completely worth the $9.95 price tag. 


 
BF also got a soap and then at checkout they asked us if we wanted a lotion called Charity Pot. Each one is labeled with a specific charity and if you buy it, the whole amount goes to that charity. I believe it cost $5.95 for a 1.7 oz container and all that goes to the charity. It is made with cocoa so it smells like chocolate but has a hint of other smells that just smells amazing. I use it every day and I always smell myself because it is delicious. 


 
I can't wait to go back to Lush for more stuff. I want the bath bombs like crazy! 

Last we went to Macy's and looked at their MAC section and perused the Bobbi Brown cosmetics but didn't actually get anything. And we ended the night eating a late dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Talk about delicious. 

And that's it! It was so fun and I wish I could do it every week. Baby free shopping is on my list of perfect days. And the next day was my birthday. So it was even better. 

This post took days to finish. Like 4 days. I barely had time to do this. So I'm working on a better schedule. I have ideas galore. So keep checking back! 


No comments:

Post a Comment