Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Ipsy Time! Unbagging and First Impressions

Hey everyone! Back again with my ipsy! This is my third month getting this service and I was excited because this is my birth month. (Happy Birthday! To me!) I had been following the reveals and the sneak peaks like a hawk and I was excited for the month. The theme was pretty cute, but I am waiting for a spring theme!! Maybe in May. 

So to start off, the bag is pretty meh. 

It's dark purple, vinyl-y material I guess. And it stinks. Like plastic grossness. I dunno. But I like the shape and size. I'll find a use for it just like last months. 

The first thing I got was the Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Liner in black. I'm pretty sure everyone got it. It is a simple black liner but those are probably my favorite makeup items. It is velvety smooth like the name implies and glides on well. I put it on my waterline and it worked perfectly. So this is a plus! 


Next up was the Starlooks lip liner in Naked. It is a nice nude, with pinky peachy times to it. I love the color and love how it glides on. I lined my lips in it, then filled them in and put my Lorac Coutore Shine liquid lipstick on top. It was beautiful. A+


Next was a single eyeshadow. This is an Elizabeth Mott shadow in the line Pop! Goes the Shadow. It is in the color champagne. It is a simple frosty color, just like the name suggests. It is a bit sheer but goes on well and gives a nice sheen. I'm sure it would be beautiful over another color or in the inner corner. My big complain was the shadow pan. It looked precariously put it. The pan was uneven and had bumps on it because of it. After having it for ten minutes, the pan fell out of the crystal exterior. 


The last two things I got were an eyeshadow brush from Coastal Scents and a microdermebrasion from Dr. Brandt. The brush is a fluffy shader brush. It is very similar to the ELF shader brush for a dollar, which is my go to eye brush. So I was a little unhappy to get another shader brush but I can't really complain. The face product I am excited to use! I love trying new face products. So I will review that when I have had more chance to try it. 
 
Final thoughts! I liked this month better than the others. I got products that I could create almost a full look with instead of things I would have to use separately. I love the lip liner color. 


Here is my link to my ipsy! Feel free to join. Http://www.ipsy.com/r/5sut

No comments:

Post a Comment