Thursday, May 22, 2014

Transition from Cosleeping to Toddler Bed: Night 2

Hey guys. I am late writing this but it's been a busy day. 

Night 2 was not as successful as night 2. The biggest problem was the long day we had. We went to visit his granny and spent the whole day with her. So his nap was in a bed with me instead of in his toddler bed. It is hard to find a week where absolutely nothing is happening. This is the best we could do. So not only did he have a nap with me, we didn't get home until 11. He was a bit too wired to sleep right away. So we tried to calm him down and get him ready for bed. But even still, he would not lay in his bed. He whined and got up about ten times. It was hard but I didn't give up (even knowing that if I did, we both would have been asleep in two minutes.) It wasn't until after midnight before he fell asleep. He was in his own bed and he did fall asleep on his own. So that is a plus. I am hoping that the length of time it takes him to fall asleep shortens. 

He got out of bed three times to come lay with me. Part of the problem is that I stayed up the first night and when he stirred or whined, I was there to get his Paci or milk. But last night I fell asleep. So he came to me. I did the same stuff and put him back in his bed. And once again he slept the last hour with me. 

My plans for night 3 will be to keep him in his bed as long as possible. We have to wake up early again tomorrow so hopefully it will last. This is an exhausting trial. I want to give in and get some normal sleep, but I know in the long run, this is the best choice. 

Pray for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment